Thursday, November 1, 2018

Comp Tshirts 2018


These shirts I made for the Fall/Halloween Competition at Stronghold Climbing Gym. 

I've been climbing at Stronghold for about a year and a half now. I still miss the sense of community at Rockreation LA, but I do really enjoy the routes and general setting at Stronghold.  The facility is in the old Edison steam power plant on the outskirts of Los Angeles. The boilers were removed a while ago, and now the large brick building from the early nineteen hundreds has nearly 50-foot climbing walls. Not a bad place to train.

I entered one of the Touchstone Bouldering Competitions a year or so back, but couldn't get into the spirit. You have to be a little pushy to get a turn climbing on the wall. I'll leave those comps to the young bucks.

No comments: