Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sinead O'Connor + Elizaveta UK Tour

I'm back from travels in the UK and France! Rock and Roll! We jammed to nothing but The Clash, Kinks, Beatles, Talkingheads and Bowie! Ah musical soil.

Elizaveta opened for Sinead O'Connor in some of the most amazing cathedrals in the UK. As far as venues go, I think they are better than ampitheaters. There's nothing like bass in a cathedral.

 
Note my map.

Note my Sinead.


Finally, note Elizaveta and me !

Elizaveta rocked the mic, opening for Sinead O'Connor. I never knew much about Sinead; she had her controversy with the church before I was really on to pop culture. After reading back about the pope incident, I'm inclined to say: good for you. She stood up for what she believed: that the Catholic church was (and is) condoning sexual abuse. Speak truth to power. I'm with you!

2 comments:

Amaris in Wonderland said...

Sounds like a dream!

One day i'd like to visit Europe - especially the tucked away towns and beautiful countryside of Ireland and Scotland.

I've always liked Sinead. I was in Jr. High when Sinead tore the pic of the pope. Not being Catholic, i couldn't understand why everyone was so up in arms about it.

I agreed with her reasoning, at the time (not a popular stance) and although she knew she risked being ostracized, i suppose something that theatrical was needed to get everyone's attention... Too bad it only landed on deaf ears, and it would be another 20 years before the issue truly made the right kinds of headlines.

I can only imagine how awesome the concerts were. {Sigh}

Missy said...

yeah I agree, I wish people had paid more attention to her message, but that's par for the course, the media and public missing the point, sensationalizing it and not listening to the heart of the matter.