Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Beautiful State of California

I've neglected my blog here. Mostly because I've been on the road nonstop for about two months. On the first leg, I took off north to meet my brother in San Francisco, from which point, we embarked an epic journey around California. We put about a thousand miles on my trusty old car, met some wild and fascinating people, slept a couple hundred feet above the Pacific Ocean on a cliff, squeezed into the awe-inspiring Yosemite Valley before fires and the government threatened to take it away. It was good times hanging with my little brother. It has been millennia, life-times, since we have done anything other than Xmas shop together. So I can verify now that he's still the best hermanito around.

 Pigeon Point, just above Santa Cruz
 Making way through the ice plants
 HWY 1, the most beautiful drive in the country? 
 Talking with Luci about activism, Berkeley, her life in Ethiopia and African dictators at 1am
 Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park whereby a waterfall spouts out of nowhere and lands on the sand
Cyprus Trees around the Pebble Beach peninsula. Cropping out D.Trump's annoying Lamborghini 
 hwy 395, my car made it through the mountain pass
Bouldering with a verngence, look at all of those holds

 
 Mono Lake mineral sculptures 
The patron of climbing, Jimbo. 
It really looks like this
this also really happened

someday I will climb one of these big walls

No comments: